IELTS Speaking Tips to score high in IELTS
Millions of people dream of going and either studying or working abroad. If you are
someone who dreams of the same, then you have reached the right place. At the Marquerz
Academy, Coimbatore, we have a team of experienced trainers who can help you ace the
IELTS exam. One of their key areas of focus is improving the speaking skills of students. Let
us take a look at some top IELTS speaking tips below.
- The first thing that you need to do is to surround yourself with English. Try conversing in English with as many people as possible. Watch English news channels, series, movies, etc. Listen to podcasts.
- The second thing that you need to remember is to answer to the point. Remember, you will not be given marks for being right or wrong here. There is no need to give long winding answers.
- Thirdly, remember that it always pays to be an original. Being a copycat will lead you nowhere. Don’t try putting on an accent or showing off vocabulary with complicated answers.
- Don’t use slang. Always use formal language during IELTS speaking test.
- The next thing that you need to remember is the pace at which you speak. Don’t rush through your answers. Make sure that you listen to the question properly and then answer. Don’t jump the gun and try answering even before they have finished their question. Don’t interrupt the examiner. This is only going to irritate them. Just in case you didn’t understand a question, there is no harm in asking the examiner again.
- Next, no errs and umms please. At least make sure that it keep them to the limited. Take a few seconds to understand the question and structure your answer in the mind. Practice is what makes your fluency perfect. Remember, fluency accounts for about 25% of your marks in the speaking test.
- Have a positive mindset when going for the speaking test. Greet the examiner with a smile. Your entire body language should radiate confidence. This is surely going to happen if you were to practice well for the IELTS exam.
- Finally, it is suggested that you join a good IELTS coaching center. A good trainer can help further fine tune your speaking skills. The regular mock tests conducted at the center will also help.
Join Marquerz Academy for more IELTS speaking tips :
As one of the best IELTS coaching centers in Coimbatore, our trainers will help improve your speaking skills, with some of the best tricks and tips. We conduct regular mock IELTS tests at The Marquerz Academy. This helps sharpen and fine tune your English speaking skills.