Top 5 secrets | IELTS General writing task 2
You will get 40 minutes for the IELTS General writing task 2. You will need to write an essay
over 250 words on a given topic. Let us take a look at some unbeatable tips to score 8+ band
score with ease.
Lets take a look into the top tips for IELTS General writing task 2 :
- The first thing to remember is to get familiar with the exam pattern. You will get this through regular practice. A lot of times, people tend to score less because while they may be good at essay writing, they tend to falter when it comes to the familiarity with the exam pattern. For example, you will need to divide the essay into an intro, below which are the supporting paragraphs, finally followed by a conclusion.
- The next thing to remember is that there is no substitute for practice. Make it a point to practice writing on different topics on a regular basis. There are scores of online sources available from where you can select IELTS essay topics. The more you write the better you will become at the task. Good writing skills will not only benefit you in your IELTS exam, but do well in your career too.
- The third thing to remember is that IELTS writing tasks are not about the ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answers. You need to answer to the point. Don’t worry if the others are writing long drawn essays. Your word count needs to be ideally around the 270-280 mark. Remember, you are not going to be given more marks based on your word count. The key here is the quality and not the quantity.
- Always give yourself a few minutes to prepare before you start writing. Quickly jot down the important points that you want to include in the intro and supporting paragraphs. How much time should you allot for the preparation? This is again a purely individual choice. However, the best answer would be a few minutes.
- Finally, make sure that you go through the essay once you have completed. See to it there are all the components such as the intro, supporting paragraphs, conclusion, etc. Some times during our hurry to finish the task, we may forget certain key parts of the essay. Checking everything thoroughly will ensure that you don’t do the mistake.
At the Marquerz Academy, Coimbatore, we ensure that our students are thorough with the structure of the IELTS writing task 2. Students are given a variety of topics to fine tune their writing tasks.
Of course, they are helped by a team of experienced trainers. They are given a variety of tasks to improve their vocabulary, as well as their grammar skills. Another major advantage that we give you is the course material, which will help you prepare thoroughly for the IELTS exam.