IELTS Academic Writing Task 1
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 is all about maps, diagrams, graphs, pie charts or a process. You have 20 minutes to finish the task and you need to write at least 150 words. A lot of people tend to be a bit apprehensive when it comes to writing, while they may good at speaking or reading English. This need not be the case, if you were to write often. Just in case you are preparing for IELTS, then it should be even more so.
Let us take a few unbeatable tips here to make your IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 a breeze.
- The first thing that you need to do is to make writing a regular habit. Start off with a topic that you like. Just writing anything. It could be a story, a letter, an essay, just about anything, which will get your creative juices flowing. Remember, good writing is something that comes through practice.
- The next thing that you need to do is to get well versed with the format of academic writing task 1. Remember, that you need to write over 150 words in 20 minutes. So, what do you do? You should make it a point to time yourself, whenever you are attempting academic writing task1. This will give you a good idea about the progress that you are making.
- Always make sure that you go through the diagram or graph or chart and the following instructions carefully. Once you get an idea about what exactly the diagram is talking about, then structure the answer in your mind. Yes, you will have an introduction. This will be followed by an overview of the diagram or graph. This will be followed by a paragraph where you highlight the key features. Finally, end with a brief conclusion. Once you remember these steps, the rest of the things will become easier.
- Whenever there is a graph or a chart, make a note of the ‘highest’ points and the ‘lowest’ points. This will help you whenever you are analyzing the diagram.
- While it is agreed that you can get better at the IELTS writing task 1 by practice, there is no harm in seeking professional help, if you feel so. Your trainers at a coaching center will put you through regular IELTS mock writing tasks, which can help further fine tune your writing skills.
If you are searching for the best IELTS coaching center in Coimbatore, then you have reached the write place. At the Marquerz Academy, Coimbatore, our well trained and experienced faculty, will give you some unbeatable tips and tricks , which will help you clear the writing tasks with ease. Contact us for further details.